Food is fun
Aren't tastebuds amazing? They do nothing short but start a party in your mouth, everyday, every meal. Food, along with our tastebuds, take us on an adventure constantly and that is why I love it-- it transports you. This is also why I get sad when I see people eating mindlessly or without awareness. It is like driving with your eyes shut-- dangerous and stupid. When traveling, food can do even more for us. It allows us a moment to rest, to sit, to ponder what we are doing and where we are. It also allows us to feel close to the culture and allows us to experience with three senses we often forget about togehter when traveling- tasting, smelling, and seeing.
Cultural Drinking in Spain
I've eaten some amazing food, in some amazing places. Here are some of my favorites.
Peshawari in Mumbai, India- Indian food will never be the same for me after eating at this restauran--twice. Both times I have visited Mumbai, I have visited this restaurant. Northern Indian at its best-- a bread making area, currys that make you want to cry they are so creamy and flavorful, and lamb that makes me never want to eat lamb anywhere else. It doesn't do justice to say this place creates a party in my mouth. It is so much more.
Maxim's in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam- There is nothing like eating in an open air setting, surrounded by natural vegetaion, handmade ceiling fans, and enough humidity in the air to make you slightly uncomfortable but unwilling to give up the experience for Air Conditioning. Maxim's is a beautiful, expensive restaurant in Ho Chi Minh city right off the main shopping area. You know the food is good, when you can remember the dishes years after first going. Vietnamese Crepes with bean sprouts and shrimp, wrapped in a leaf and toped with fish sauce. Firecracker spring rolls, Pho, whole monkfish with a spicy sauce. Delicious, fresh. Nothing can ever compare to that enviroment.
Saegreifinn in Reykjavik, Iceland- I believe I've written about this place before, but the more I write about it the better chance someone will go here. A tiny, no frills seafood kabab shop right on the harbor. Owned by a local fisherman, the place offers some of the freshest, most delicious fish I have ever eaten-- anywhere. Pick your fish kabab of choice, order some lobster bisque, and watch out for the Whale or Puffin meat if you do not prefer. They will call your name an dyou can eat outside watching the crystal clear water. Amazing. An Experience. It's what Iceland is all about.
Perfect Fish
Perfect Greek Food
Taking photos with your food is also fun





No comments:
Post a Comment