You know those moments in life where you actually recognize that once you do something you likely will never be the same person again? Graduations, Marriages, and Babies usually all fit into that category. For me some of my major milestones in the past 5 years have been around travel, work, and running. Running my first marathon, traveling to Asia for the 1st time, finally fullfilling my desire to visit Iceland. Each has changed me. I'm just not the same person I was before I did them.
Tomorrow is another one of those moments: My first 50K. After tomorrow at 2pm, I will always be able to say I've run 31 miles. I'll be more than "just" a marathoner. Not that marathoning is unworthy, it is just that I will be able to say I've done more. Experienced more. Pushed myself to limits that most people really would never dream of. I left my apartment in Boston today and thought, "wow, when I come back on Sunday I just won't be the same". Maybe to some people this is an overdramatization of the situation. For me, it's so not.
I can't wait to see what the next chapter brings. Bring it.
Friday, April 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment