Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Pictures vs. Words

Some days a picture truly does say a thousand words. Sometimes no words, no stories, nothing can put to justice the picture that is in your mind of a place you have visited. How many times have we all said, "oh, you just had to be there"? It isn't that we don't want to talk about, it is just that nothing we say could ever match the vivid imagine or memory in our head.

Today I was having one of those days. A billion stories and memories in my head, but few words to describe them. So, today I decided to share a couple of my most favorite photos. Every time I look at them, no matter what, everything just stops and I'm transferred back there. It is best (and cheapest) way to escape:


It doesn't matter what anyone says, Santorini is unreal. It makes anyone a great photographer.

There is nothing like being in a place where the sheep outnumber the people and you wake up to the sound of shepherds in the fields. Amazing.

A view from above the Beijing hutong neighborhood. A historic neighborhood mostly destroyed to build the stadiums for the Beijing Olympics. I hope it was worth it.


Pull out your favorite photos and look at them as soon as you can. Enjoy the memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment